Lydian Armenia welcomes the call for responsible mining
Lydian Armenia announce the company shares the belief expressed by Armenia’s government in a recent statement that all mining companies need to comply with environmental regulations, ensuring the protection of the environment and the well-being of our citizens.
“To this effect, we welcome the initiative to undertake environmental compliance audits of the mining industry to ensure that compliance is uniformly achieved and enforced throughout the mining sector.
Over the last 5 days, several mining companies in the country have been targeted, including Lydian’s Amulsar Project, with protests manifested by road blockages disrupting operations. The protests at Amulsar led to peaceful counter-protests by Lydian employees and company supporters from the communities demanding from the protesters to restore their right to work.
The protesters have been alleging deficiencies in environmental compliance and inconsistent hiring practices. Let us remind that Lydian has an established grievance procedure and encourages all stakeholders, to formally communicate specific concerns and grievances to the company and thereby achieve resolutions that are mutually acceptable,” the statement reads.
The company noted that currently all access roads to Amulsar’s project are open, workers have returned to site, and construction activities are returning to normal.
- UK Mineco Group marks successful 2018 mining and business results
- European Metals secures offer from Krupa to acquire Cinovec project
- Activists are campaigning against uranium mining in Spain
- BlueJay Mining PLC upgrades resource for its Greenland Dundas project as it presses ahead with PFS
- Greek Court Acquits 21 Environmental Defenders in Eldorado Gold Trial
- Euromax gold Ilovica Mine in Macedonia is spreading fear of heavy metals reveals local environment group
- Refractory ore trouble Russian gold miners
- Albania chromium mines face closure
- Bosnia coal mines to increase production in 2016
- Flinders Resources Sweden graphite Woxna project to be developed with Chinese partners
- Orion mine finance, the owner of Macedonia Sasa lead zinc optimistic in commodities market
- Bank of China to participate in EBRD syndicated loan for Shalkiya mine expansion project
- Russia’s Polyus big step closer to building world’s largest new gold mine
- Canadian International Minerals To Acquire Copper-Cobalt Project In Czech Republic
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project