Kyrgyzstan Kumtor gold output accounted for 9.7% of country’s GDP in 2017
Gold production at the Kumtor mine in Kyrgyzstan in 2017 was 562,749 ounces or 17,503.46 kg. Gold sales in 2017 were 550,134 ounces or 17,111.09 kg with a revenue totaling $685.2 million. Contribution to the national budget in taxes and mandatory payments in 2017 was more than 8.7 billion soms, Kumtor Gold Company said on March 14.
- Tara Mines bids to extract last of Bula resource and end long-running saga
- Adriatic Metals’ Veovaca project in Bosnia received exploitation permit
- Newmont is expanding its business to Europe
- Romania bail out from Ukraine Krivoy Rog Mining Oxidized Ore project investment
- Koc Holding to acquire majority in 12 Irish gold mines
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Raptor Resources granted license to prospect for gold in Ireland
- Central Asia Metals to buy Lynx Resources for $402.5m, including Macedonia lead zinc mine Sasa
- Mining and indigenous communities across the world
- Political influence on Kyrgyz gold mining