Kazakhstan increases the gold production in 2016
Kazakhstan increased the production of raw, semi-finished gold and gold in the form of a powder up to 4.32 tons in January 2016, recording an increase of 9.4 percent over the same period in 2015, Kazakhstan’s Statistics Committee reported.
The refined gold production decreased by 34.2 percent to 1.52 tons during this period.
The production of raw, semi-finished silver and silver in the form of a powder decreased by 59.5 percent up to 42.35 tons in Kazakhstan during this period. The refined silver production also decreased by 59.5 percent and amounted to 42.24 tons in Kazakhstan.
Kazakhstan produced 63.72 tons of raw, semi-finished gold and gold in the form of a powder in 2015, which is by 26.6 percent more than in 2014.
The production of raw, semi-finished silver and silver in the form of a powder amounted to 1,305 tons in Kazakhstan in 2015, which is by 32 percent more than in 2014.
Kazakhstan enjoys significant mineral resources such as zinc, copper, barite, steel, titanium, alumina, molybdenum, photosphate rock, copper, tungsten, silver, gold etc.
The country stands second after Russia among the CIS countries for quantity of mineral production.
Metals and mining industry accounts for 30 percent of the country’s income, according to the Kazakhstan’s statistics agency (ARKS).
Currently, the government implements the “Plan of development of rare-metal industries of mining and metallurgical complex of Kazakhstan for 2015-2019”.
- Tara Mines bids to extract last of Bula resource and end long-running saga
- Adriatic Metals’ Veovaca project in Bosnia received exploitation permit
- Newmont is expanding its business to Europe
- Mining and indigenous communities across the world
- Political influence on Kyrgyz gold mining
- Central Asia Metals to buy Lynx Resources for $402.5m, including Macedonia lead zinc mine Sasa
- Koc Holding to acquire majority in 12 Irish gold mines
- Mining concessions, fees and challenges for investors in Serbia
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Raptor Resources granted license to prospect for gold in Ireland