Kazakhstan increases the gold production in 2016
Kazakhstan increased the production of raw, semi-finished gold and gold in the form of a powder up to 4.32 tons in January 2016, recording an increase of 9.4 percent over the same period in 2015, Kazakhstan’s Statistics Committee reported.
The refined gold production decreased by 34.2 percent to 1.52 tons during this period.
The production of raw, semi-finished silver and silver in the form of a powder decreased by 59.5 percent up to 42.35 tons in Kazakhstan during this period. The refined silver production also decreased by 59.5 percent and amounted to 42.24 tons in Kazakhstan.
Kazakhstan produced 63.72 tons of raw, semi-finished gold and gold in the form of a powder in 2015, which is by 26.6 percent more than in 2014.
The production of raw, semi-finished silver and silver in the form of a powder amounted to 1,305 tons in Kazakhstan in 2015, which is by 32 percent more than in 2014.
Kazakhstan enjoys significant mineral resources such as zinc, copper, barite, steel, titanium, alumina, molybdenum, photosphate rock, copper, tungsten, silver, gold etc.
The country stands second after Russia among the CIS countries for quantity of mineral production.
Metals and mining industry accounts for 30 percent of the country’s income, according to the Kazakhstan’s statistics agency (ARKS).
Currently, the government implements the “Plan of development of rare-metal industries of mining and metallurgical complex of Kazakhstan for 2015-2019”.
- Thyssenkrupp exclusive distributor of graphite production from Elcora Adv Materials
- Ukraine coal giant DTEK’s assets becoming increasingly stranded
- Eldorado Gold gets positive Greece ruling, awaits mine permits
- Greek Court Acquits 21 Environmental Defenders in Eldorado Gold Trial
- Macedonia: How to Cut the Ilovica-Štuka Gordian Knot, EBRD supported Euromax on crossroad
- Adriatic Metals achieves key milestone at Vares Bosnia
- Dunav minerals Canada announced its Serbia gold assessment results in Medvedja mines
- European Electric Metals hires Nordmin for inspection of nickel-cobalt mine in Albania
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation