Kazahstan Aktogay commences production of copper concentrate
KAZ Minerals PLC announces that it has produced its first saleable copper concentrate from sulphide ore at the Aktogay project, consistent with the Group’s most recent guidance for output to commence in the first quarter of 2017. Shipments of concentrate from Aktogay are expected to begin imminently.
The Aktogay sulphide concentrator will now ramp up with the target of achieving commercial levels of output in the second half of 2017. Production guidance for Aktogay in 2017 will be issued along with the Group’s full year results announcement on 23 February 2017.
Oleg Novachuk, Chief Executive, said: “I am delighted to be able to announce the commencement of copper concentrate output from sulphide ore at Aktogay. Both of the Group’s major growth projects are now fully operational. Our production continues to grow strongly and is on track to reach 300 kt of copper per annum by 2018, with around 80% coming from our new low cost, open pit mines.”
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Romania, Rovina gold mining project in Romania close to getting final permits
- New Bulgaria plant for casting of iron and steel
- Kyrgyzstan Kumtor gold output accounted for 9.7% of country’s GDP in 2017
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia