JKX Oil-Gas expands its Hungary oil licenses
London stock exchange listed oil exploration company JKX Oil & Gas PLC reported it has secured a further three 35-year production licences within its Hernad 1 and 2 exploration areas in Hungary.
The new licence awards, covering the Emod V, Pely I and Jaszkiser I licences, mean the group now owns six licences within the Hernad area.
“The award of these three additional production licences completes the process undertaken when JKX took full control of the Hernad licences. The awards clarify the position for potential farminees and we are looking forward to the completion of the farm-out process and renewed activity on our Hungarian licences during 2016,” said Chief Executive Paul Davies.
- Tara Mines bids to extract last of Bula resource and end long-running saga
- New Bulgaria plant for casting of iron and steel
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Newmont is expanding its business to Europe
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Political influence on Kyrgyz gold mining
- Pan Global gets access to Torrubia copper target in Spain
- How much has Rio Tinto invested in Serbia so far and why is it “pumping” costs
- Leading Edge hits significant lithium, tantalum in Sweden
- Central Asia Metals to buy Lynx Resources for $402.5m, including Macedonia lead zinc mine Sasa