Gold and silver mining increased in Azerbaijan in Q1 2020
Siting the State Statistics Committee, local media reported that in the period of January-March the volume of Azerbaijan’s gold and silver mining industry increased by 23 percent and 72 percent respectively year-on-year. As of April 1, 2020, the reserves of mined silver in the warehouses of manufacturing companies are 34.9 kg. Gold mining increased by 23 percent in the first quarter of 2020, amounting to 948.3 kg, while silver mining amounted to 1,193 kg, an increase of 73%.
The extracted gold and silver have been transferred for processing, the report says.
Presently, two companies – AzerGold and Anglo Asian Mining – are operating in the sphere of mining of precious metals in Azerbaijan.
In 1997, Azerbaijan signed a contract providing for the development of six fields: one in Nakhchivan, two in the Gadabay region of Azerbaijan (450 km west of Baku) and three in Kelbajar and Zangelan, currently occupied by the Armenian armed forces. Azerbaijan’s share in the contract is 51%, Anglo Asian Mining PLC – 49%.
According to the contract, a total of 400 tons of gold is planned to be extracted from these 6 deposits.
The extraction of the first gold began in 2009 from the Gadabay deposit, the extraction of silver – in 2010. Gold mining began at Gosha in the third quarter of 2013. In the summer of 2015, the company also commissioned the Gadir gold mine, and in September 2017, the Ugur mine.
AzerGold CJSC, established in 2015, is engaged in gold and silver mining. The company is engaged in the study, research, exploration, development and management of the gold and iron ore sections of Garadag, Chovdar, Heydag, Dagkeseman, the Kokhnemeden section and the Kuryakchay basin.
- Rio Tinto’s Jadar project in Serbia might go on referendum
- New research has revealed the true wealth of copper and gold deposits in eastern Serbia
- Rio Tinto is ecological catastrophe for Serbian citizens
- Miedzi Copper Corporation discovers deposits of silver and copper in Poland
- Serbia Lece gold mine in the hands of a phantom company from Dubai
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- United Lithium’s purification protocol for lithium project in Sweden
- Serbia could exploit platinum group metals whose price rapidly increases
- The Dundee Chelopech Bulgaria Case – A Story of Hidden Nationalization