Giant lithium deposit to revive Czech mining industry
It’s being hailed as the “oil of the future”… and now lithium is about to transform the fortunes of a tiny ancient mining village in the Czech Republic. The metal is a key component for rechargeable batteries and is used in gadgets like mobile phones and tablets, but a huge surge in demand is on the horizon due to the rapid development of electric vehicles.
- Serbia will not allow the exploitation of lithium just to export it to other countries
- Construction at Adriatic Metals’ Vares high-grade silver project in Bosnia and Herzegovina is picking up speed
- North Macedonia, Central Asia Metals increases copper production
- Kazakhstan, KAZ Minerals increases copper production 26% in first nine 2022
- Modern mining companies are now going to more zero emissions and green eco-responsible extraction technologies
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Serbia: deposits of gold and copper
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Talas Gold Mining Complex in Kyrgyzstan launched
- New Bulgaria plant for casting of iron and steel
- Serbia has the world’s largest lithium reserves
- War over lithium behind the mountains in Portugal
- Walkabout Resources identifies ‘numerous’ drilling targets in Ireland
- Czech authorities approves Cinovec lithium DFS level drilling programme
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia