Full motion production at Dundees Krumovgrad mine in Bulgaria
Dundee Precious Metals has now officially transitioned its Krumovgrad project in southern Bulgaria to an operating mine with the confirmation of commercial production, and said it will now be known as Ada Tepe
The major milestone was effective June 8th, when the project exceeded 60% of its design throughput capacity in a 30-consecutive-day period. First concentrate production was recorded on March 14th of this year.
During that period, DPM said the plant proved it could achieve near 100% of its throughput capacity. In June alone, it was able to ramp up its recoveries beyond the commercial threshold.
With ramp-up efforts now in process, the miner said the newly monikered Ada Tepe should reach full design capacity in the September quarter.
“Commercial production…marks the beginning of a new chapter for DPM, delivering significant growth in gold production and free cash flow,” president and CEO Rick Howes said, adding that its crews met its goals safely and under budget.
The gold in Ada Tepe’s concentrate has been projected to total between 55,000oz and 75,000oz this year. It has targeted production of an average of 100,000oz/y for the first five years of production. The life-of-mine average is about 85,000oz.
In addition to Ada Tepe, DPM’s operating assets include the Chelopech operation east of Sofia, Bulgaria, and the Tsumeb smelter, a complex copper concentrate processing facility located in Namibia. It holds developing properties in Canada and Serbia as well as a 10.3% interest in Sabina Gold and Silver.
- Large scale lithium and borate mineralisation in Rekovac, Serbia identified by Jadar Resource
- Bluejay Mining ilmenite mine in Greenland
- Eastern Mining Company step closer to Exploitation Permit in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Medgold Resources to acquire Fortuna Silver Mines’ interest in the Tlamino Project, Serbia
- Highly promising boron and lithium deposits detected near Jagodina in Serbia
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Savannah Resources “white gold” rush in Portugal – lithium mining and environmental issues
- Raiden Resources relists with new Serbian gold and copper focus
- Turkey's Esan plans $43 million investment in Kosovo's mining sector
- Chinese company Zijin Mining interested in Serbia copper company RTB Bor
- Zijin Bor Copper in Serbia plans to invest $800 mln in expansion of its production capacity
- Closure of Finland nickel mining company Talvivaara Terrafame?
- New Greenland Government to champion mining
- Turkish mining company to base €7.6m copper-lead-zinc prospecting project in Portugal
- Miedzi Copper Corporation discovers deposits of silver and copper in Poland