Finland Afarak chrome mining producer gets exploitation license in Turkey
Finland Afarak’s TMS gets chrome ore mining license is approved.
TMS is a subsidiary of Finnish chrome mining and minerals producer Afarak, and specialises in the mining industry of high-grade chrome ore. The Turkish company processes run of mine chrome ore into high-grade concentrate and lumpy chrome ore. An exploitation mining license has been granted to Turk Maadin Sirketi AS (TMS) for Eskisehir – Mihaliccik Karaagac “Eagle Field”.
The high-grade concentrate is then delivered to another of Afarak’s subsidiaries, Elektrowerk Weisweiler GmbH in Germany. Here it is further processed into low carbon and ultra low carbon ferrochrome.
The remaining lumpy chrome ore is sold to third parties.
TMS is set to investigate the most appropriate time to bring the mine into production to ensure that Afarak maximises the selling price.
- Serbia Lece gold mine in the hands of a phantom company from Dubai
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Glencore starts drilling again at Pallas Green
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia
- Raw materials mining deal in the Balkans
- EBRD supports inclusive mining in Kazakhstan with ShalkiyaZinc expansion
- Ireland Conroy Gold increases drilling in Monaghan following ‘positive’ results
- Raiden Resources update on progress of its Serbian project
- Greenland Strips Chinese Mining Firm of License for Iron Ore Deposit
- IFIs EIB-EBRD-IFC-KfW financing HPPs in South East Europe against environment impact rules