Finland Afarak chrome mining producer gets exploitation license in Turkey
Finland Afarak’s TMS gets chrome ore mining license is approved.
TMS is a subsidiary of Finnish chrome mining and minerals producer Afarak, and specialises in the mining industry of high-grade chrome ore. The Turkish company processes run of mine chrome ore into high-grade concentrate and lumpy chrome ore. An exploitation mining license has been granted to Turk Maadin Sirketi AS (TMS) for Eskisehir – Mihaliccik Karaagac “Eagle Field”.
The high-grade concentrate is then delivered to another of Afarak’s subsidiaries, Elektrowerk Weisweiler GmbH in Germany. Here it is further processed into low carbon and ultra low carbon ferrochrome.
The remaining lumpy chrome ore is sold to third parties.
TMS is set to investigate the most appropriate time to bring the mine into production to ensure that Afarak maximises the selling price.
- The dark side of Rosia Poieni, Europe’s second largest copper mine
- BSG Capital Gabriel Resources owner Steinmetz wanted in Romania
- Polymetal Armenia Does About-Face on Mining Project
- Serbia lead-zinc, copper, gold perspective deposits managed by foreign companies
- Raiden Resources surveys Stara Planina Serbia prospect
- Chinese company Zijin Mining interested in Serbia copper company RTB Bor
- Euromax, Aurubis and Cliveden deal on copper-gold concentrate offtake to Bulgaria smelter
- Flinders Resources Sweden graphite Woxna project to be developed with Chinese partners
- Orsu Metals proceeds with sale of Karchiga Project in Kazakhstan
- Russian Copper Co RCC is planning to expand its mineral resources base in Kazakhstan