European Metals starts beneficiation of Cinovec bulk sample
Aim-listed European Metals has started the beneficiation process and magnetic separation of a 15 t bulk sample at its Cinovec lithium/tin project, in the Czech Republic.
The beneficiation and magnetic separation of a lithium-rich concentrate will provide pilot plant feed for planned downstream processing through the roast, leach, purification and final product precipitation flowsheet that has been developed.
It is intended to ultimately produce up to 200 kg of battery-grade lithium carbonate from this material for marketing and user acceptance purposes.
The processing of the ore sample will also provide about 12 t of nonmagnetic material that will be used to confirm the flowsheet for the recovery of tin and tungsten values which are unique and important by-products from the Cinovec orebody.
“The beginning of the processing of the bulk sample to provide concentrate feed for the lithium carbonate pilot plant is a significant step for European Metals. The pilot plant operation is not only a significant activity of the feasibility study, it also allows the production of lithium carbonate for end-user trials and associated offtake arrangements,” MD Keith Coughlan commented.
He added that ongoing roast optimisation testwork is almost complete and will form the basis of the upcoming lock-cycle pilot testwork.
“The optimisation work continues to improve recoveries and reduce input costs at the project,” he said.
- UK Mineco Group marks successful 2018 mining and business results
- European Metals secures offer from Krupa to acquire Cinovec project
- Activists are campaigning against uranium mining in Spain
- BlueJay Mining PLC upgrades resource for its Greenland Dundas project as it presses ahead with PFS
- Greek Court Acquits 21 Environmental Defenders in Eldorado Gold Trial
- Euromax gold Ilovica Mine in Macedonia is spreading fear of heavy metals reveals local environment group
- Refractory ore trouble Russian gold miners
- Lithium and rare earth elements discovered in Mongolia Khuut mine
- Albania chromium mines face closure
- Bosnia coal mines to increase production in 2016
- Flinders Resources Sweden graphite Woxna project to be developed with Chinese partners
- Orion mine finance, the owner of Macedonia Sasa lead zinc optimistic in commodities market
- Greenland Resources Announces Updated Concept Study Results for Its Malmbjerg Molybdenum Project
- Bank of China to participate in EBRD syndicated loan for Shalkiya mine expansion project
- Russia’s Polyus big step closer to building world’s largest new gold mine