Euro Sun Mining’s permitting process for Rovina Valley project, Romania
As announced on April 5th, 2021, Euro Sun Mining officially initiated the Strategic Environmental Assessment- SEA with the Environmental Protection Agency of Hunedoara County- EPA. The legislated eighteen-day period for public comment on initiation of the SEA has passed with no comments received by the EPA.
With the issuance of the Avizul de Oportunitate, by the County Council of Hunedoara County, the Company is now approved to proceed to the next stage of permitting for the Rovina Valley Project, namely the Planul Urbanistic Zonal or Certificate of Urbanism for Land.
The Planul Urbanistic Zonal process takes the existing pastoral or forest lands and re-zones the required area for commercial activity. The definitive feasibility study, filed on April 14th, 2021, provided the necessary engineering details required for the submittal of the approximately 3,000-page application and ultimately approval of the permit.
The Company and the EPA are now working towards receiving the agreements and/or opinions from all the administrative authorities for the environmental opinion on the Planul Urbanistic Zonal and preparing for public consultations expected to occur in Q3 2021.
“We are pleased to see continued ongoing support by the Romanian state as they deliver approvals as required to move the Rovina Valley Project towards our construction start. Investor perception of Romania as a potentially unfriendly jurisdiction to mining is clearly not accurate as these approval milestones continue to demonstrate. Our Definitive Feasibility Study has outlined a generational asset that brings the highest environmental stewardship along with significant economic benefits directly to our local communities and to the County as a whole. The milestone permit now allows the company to proceed with the Planul Urbanistic Zonal taking us another step closer to construction,” Scott Moore, Euro Sun’s CEO states.
- Russia ready for significant increase of domestic gold mining
- Berkeley hits permitting roadblock in Spain
- Canadian investor disappointed after Rosia Montana mining landscape added to UNESCO’s world heritage list
- Rio Tinto’s Planned Jadarite Mine Sparks Protest in Western Serbia
- European lithium independence – blessing or a curse?
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Rio Tinto's USD 4,4 billion copper mine Oyu Tolgoi deal with EBRD-IFC-BNP Paribas
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Serbia has the world’s largest lithium reserves
- Turkey Afarak Group new chrome ore mine license
- Russian Copper Co RCC is planning to expand its mineral resources base in Kazakhstan
- Macedonia: How gold is being mined and is there a danger to the environment?
- Anglo Asian Mining changes forecast on precious metals production in Azerbaijan
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia