Eldorado reports drilling results in Turkey and Greece mines
Eldorado, the Vancouver-based miner said the latest results of its brownfields exploration drilling programs in Turkey and Greece also extended known mineralization near current or planned development.
At Efemcukuru, in Turkey, the miner will continue its resource expansion drilling for the remainder of the year, focusing on the Kokarpinar vein system. A resource conversion drilling program is planned for 2021.
In Greece, Eldorado disclosed it had recently experienced a short-term reduction in operations at its Olympias mine, caused by limited workforce availability due to the global pandemic. The miner noted its Stratoni facility remains temporarily closed, but it said is going ahead with a technical study for test drilling at its Mavres Petres deposit, part of Stratoni. The gold miner, through its local subsidiary Hellas Gold, acquired Kassandra mines from the state in 2004. The property includes the Stratoni silver-lead-zinc mine, which is made up of two deposits: Madem Lakkos and Mavres Petres.
Greece and Eldorado have been in talks over a revised investment plan that would bring the government higher royalties from mining projects. It is also expected to boost jobs.
The company also has mining, development and exploration operations in Romania and Brazil.
- Eldorado and Minvest Deva Certej mine proposal rejected in Romania
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Thyssenkrupp exclusive distributor of graphite production from Elcora Adv Materials
- Armenia’s environmental crimes committed in Azerbaijani lands are said to cause $285 billion in damages
- Kazakhstan to produce 21,600 mt of uranium in 2018
- Talas Gold Mining Complex in Kyrgyzstan launched
- Miedzi Copper Corporation discovers deposits of silver and copper in Poland
- Erris Resources obtains gold exploration permit for new gold project in Sweden
- China Zijin to build copper smelter in Serbia
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?