Eldorado Gold gets building permit for Skouries processing plant
Eldorado Gold Corporation confirms that as a result of ruling #219/2016 from the Council of State, Greece’s Supreme Court on administrative and environmental matters, Hellas Gold, a Greek subsidiary of Eldorado, has received the building permit for the Skouries processing plant.
This permit was issued by the Planning Office of the Aristotle Municipality in Halkidiki, Northern Greece. The Skouries Project, however, remains on care and maintenance as the Company awaits the timely issuance of pending routine permits and licenses, which are necessary for the project to recommence.
Earlier Greek medias reported that the Gov will evaluate Canadian Eldorado Gold’s permits by the end of March, its Energy Minister Panos Skourletis said.
The Vancouver-based miner has been developing a mine construction in northern Greece, seen as the biggest foreign investment in the overindebted country.
Eldorado said in January it was suspending construction at its Skouries project and warned that it would do the same at its Olympias project if it did not receive a premit by the end of March.
“The company has submitted (for approval) specific studies,” Skourletis told Greek state television ERT. “They will be reviewd by the end of March.”
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Australian Key Petroleum eyes Bosnia oil concessions
- UK Mineco's Fregat lead refinery in Russia listed on LME
- Gold’s Steady Rise Attracts Chinese Money to Russian Miners
- Cunico Resources operations in Macedonia & Kosovo, links with Gabriel Resources-Romania Rosia Montana
- New Turkish gold mine to contribute 100-ton annual gold production target
- New Amendments to the Law on Geological Exploration and Mining in Serbia
- Rio Sava Exploration Ltd.: Spatial plan for yadarite exploitation and processing in Serbia