Deal activity rises in Europe’s metals and mining industry
Europe’s metals and mining industry saw a rise of 6.5% in overall deal activity in 3Q19 when compared to the four quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
GlobalData found that a total of 33 deals worth US$1.92 billion were announced for the region during 3Q19 against the last four quarter average of 31 deals.
Of all the deal types, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) saw most activity in 3Q19 with 28, representing an 84.9% share for the region. Private equity had four deals and venture financing deals had one transaction, respectively making up a 12.1% and 3.03% share of the overall deal activity for the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s metals and mining industry with US$1.92 billion, followed by venture financing deals totalling US$1.75 million.
Top industry deals in 3Q19
The top five metals and mining deals accounted for 98.03% of the overall value during 3Q19.
The combined value of the top five metals and mining deals stood at US$1.88 billion, against the overall value of US$1.92 billion recorded for the quarter.
The top five metals and mining industry deals tracked by GlobalData were:
1.Liberty House Group’s US$841.11 million asset transaction with ArcelorMittal.
2.The US$428 million acquisition of Acacia Mining by Barrick Gold.
3.Kinross Gold’s US$283m million asset transaction with N-Mining.
4.The US$274 million acquisition of Toro Gold by Resolute Mining.
5.Cengiz Holding’s asset transaction with Liberty Gold and Teck Madencilik Sanayi Ticaret for US$55 million.
- Thyssenkrupp exclusive distributor of graphite production from Elcora Adv Materials
- Ukraine coal giant DTEK’s assets becoming increasingly stranded
- Eldorado Gold gets positive Greece ruling, awaits mine permits
- Macedonia: How to Cut the Ilovica-Štuka Gordian Knot, EBRD supported Euromax on crossroad
- Dunav minerals Canada announced its Serbia gold assessment results in Medvedja mines
- Greek Court Acquits 21 Environmental Defenders in Eldorado Gold Trial
- Adriatic Metals achieves key milestone at Vares Bosnia
- Rakita Exploration Serbia & Freeport McMoran mining project development status
- European Electric Metals hires Nordmin for inspection of nickel-cobalt mine in Albania
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?