Dalradian Resources secures funding for Curraghinalt mine in Northern Ireland
Dalradian Resources has signed agreements with finance companies Orion Mine Finance II and Osisko Gold Royalties to secure C$78.25m ($62.38) through a private placement to fund development of Curraghinalt gold project in Northern Ireland.
Under the agreements, Orion and Osisko will make investments of C$50m ($39.86m) and C$28.25m ($22.52m) respectively.
Osisko also plans to exercise 6.25 million warrants, taking the total funding to around C$84.75m ($67.56m).
Proceeds of the private placement will be used to meet general working capital needs.
Dalradian Resources CEO Patrick Anderson said: “This is a strong vote of confidence in both the Curraghinalt gold project and in Northern Ireland as an investment destination by two highly respected mining finance groups.
“Today’s placement, together with all recent warrant exercises, will provide the company with additional equity funding in excess of C$110m ($87.89m). This means that the company is now well-funded to move Curraghinalt through permitting, while continuing to expand and improve the value of the project through further investment in exploration and engineering.”
Once the private placement is closed, Orion will own 9.75% of Dalradian’s issued and outstanding common shares, while Osisko is expected to hold around 9.1%.
Expected by the end of next month, closure of the placement is dependent on submission of the application to obtain planning permission to build a mine at the project and receipt of all required regulatory approvals.
- Terra Balcanica extends its polymetallic footprint with positive drill exploration in its flagship project in Bosnia
- St Charles Resources said it reached a final agreement to acquire Bulgaria-based private mining business Eastern Resources
- Europe, Can mining ever be green?
- Russia, Eligdar reports record gold production in 2022
- The exploitation of Portugal’s mineral resources
- Lydian, Amulsar Gold and a viable mining industry in Armenia
- GeoProMining Gold indirectly confirms its involvement in corrupt deal with Armenian government
- Jadar Lithium in Serbia gets four exploration licenses
- Conroy Gold and Anglo Asian Mining to open modern gold mine in Ireland by 2030
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Lithium and rare earth elements discovered in Mongolia Khuut mine
- Polymetal takes over Armenia Kapan gold mine from Dundee
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Talas Gold Mining Complex in Kyrgyzstan launched
- Greenland, Amaroq Minerals says Kobberminebugt’s high-grade nature is ‘unsurprising’