Connemara Mining discovers gold at Ireland’s Donegal site
Irish zinc and gold explorer Connemara Mining has discovered gold in Donegal, and plans to drill holes there later this year.
Investors at the company’s agm on Monday heard that the group was “hopeful” that developments would take place at its Stonepark location in the southwest of Ireland. The block of six licences, which are part of a joint venture, have “had some excellent zinc discoveries in the recent past”.
Separately, the group’s five zinc licences in Oldcastle, Co Meath, also a joint venture, need more drilling. However, it added that it was encouraged by a zinc discovery some 30km away in the Tara mine at Navan.
Connemara Mining said it currently holds 16 licences with potential for gold.
On the general business climate, it said Ireland was an attractive place to explore, and the company was well placed to take advantage of the renaissance in the heightened interest in exploration in Ireland.
- Terra Balcanica extends its polymetallic footprint with positive drill exploration in its flagship project in Bosnia
- St Charles Resources said it reached a final agreement to acquire Bulgaria-based private mining business Eastern Resources
- Europe, Can mining ever be green?
- Russia, Eligdar reports record gold production in 2022
- The exploitation of Portugal’s mineral resources
- Lydian, Amulsar Gold and a viable mining industry in Armenia
- GeoProMining Gold indirectly confirms its involvement in corrupt deal with Armenian government
- Jadar Lithium in Serbia gets four exploration licenses
- Conroy Gold and Anglo Asian Mining to open modern gold mine in Ireland by 2030
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Polymetal takes over Armenia Kapan gold mine from Dundee
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Talas Gold Mining Complex in Kyrgyzstan launched
- Greenland, Amaroq Minerals says Kobberminebugt’s high-grade nature is ‘unsurprising’
- Romania bail out from Ukraine Krivoy Rog Mining Oxidized Ore project investment