Central Asia Metals’ mine in North Macedonia had leakage of tailing into the river
Central Asia Metals recently reported tailings leakage at their zinc mine. Mining group Central Asia Metals said a short-term leakage of tailings had occurred from its Sasa zinc and lead project in North Macedonia into the local river. The leakage was stopped soon after and nobody has been harmed, the company said.
“All relevant parties have been informed in North Macedonia and, in conjunction with the appropriate national authorities, an investigation is now underway to ascertain the volume of leaked material as well as the root cause,” it added.
The processing plant at Sasa was not currently operational. Central Asia Metals said it would provide market updates as more information became available.
- More opposition to Berkeley’s uranium mine in Spain
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Norway Karpinski Oil-Gas Co south Russia exploration blocks
- Commissioning activities ramping up at Spain tungsten project
- UK Mineco's Fregat lead refinery in Russia listed on LME
- Australian Key Petroleum eyes Bosnia oil concessions
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Rio Sava Exploration Ltd.: Spatial plan for yadarite exploitation and processing in Serbia
- Gold’s Steady Rise Attracts Chinese Money to Russian Miners
- New Turkish gold mine to contribute 100-ton annual gold production target