Canadian Medgold continues to explore gold and silver near Bosilegrad in the spring
The Canadian company Medgold Resources, which discovered a rich gold and silver deposit near Bosilegrad, will continue research in the spring.
As Aleksandar Vulović from this company, which discovered the Barje site near Bosilegrad in 2018, told eKapija, there is an economic justification for the research to continue.
– We actively explored the site in 2018 and 2019, while last year we slowed down due to the corona, but next year we will continue with earlier intensity in the spring. Now we have a potential partner, the company Metaltech from Australia, which should elaborate the project in more detail – says Vulović.
When asked when we could expect the project to be concretized, Vulović said that it was too early to talk about it, because it would take several more years to do more detailed research and accompanying technical studies that would enable the possible exploitation of the ore.
– For now, we only have the right of investigation, we still do not have the right of exploitation. For now, we are in the middle of the project, the next steps are the continuation of research, and then the development of spatial planning documentation, which leads to obtaining the right of exploitation – explains the interlocutor of our portal.
He adds that in two years, the company will have a clearer picture of what the deposit is and more detailed information about the ore body, on the basis of which the design, excavation methodology and mining facilities are then done.
Vulovic also points out that the company has a desire to start research at some other locations in Serbia, and that it should be seen which locations are still free, but he notes that Barje is currently Medgold’s priority in Serbia.
On the website of Medgold istraživanja doo Belgrade, which is a Serbian subsidiary of the Canadian company, it was pointed out that Medgold currently has five approved exploration rights, each of which covers approximately 100 square kilometers and which includes a potentially rich belt of mineralization of silver and gold. and southern parts of Serbia.
Near the Municipality of Bosilegrad, Medgold has three exploration rights covering a total of about 250 square kilometers, two of which are part of the Tlamino project, which includes the Barje location.
As the media reported last summer, Medgold found close to 19.3 tons of gold, worth more than a billion dollars, within the Tlamino project.
- Talas Gold Mining Complex in Kyrgyzstan launched
- Eldorado and Minvest Deva Certej mine proposal rejected in Romania
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Kazakhstan to produce 21,600 mt of uranium in 2018
- Thyssenkrupp exclusive distributor of graphite production from Elcora Adv Materials
- Russia starts developing Vershinnoye deposit
- Serbia: deposits of gold and copper
- Titanium mining progress in Iran
- Lithium extraction in Europe
- Mineral Commodities announced results from Trælen Graphite Mine in Norway