Canadian Aurion Resources &B2Gold Corp agree JV Finland gold exploration projects
Canadian based Aurion Resources after withdrawal from US Nevada project agreed a joint venture earn in agreement with B2Gold Corp for gold exploration projects in Finland. B2Gold Corp is dominantly present in African mining operations and properties.
Aurion Resources announced subsequent to a binding letter agreement it has signed a formal definitive option agreement with B2Gold Corp. (“B2Gold”) granting B2Gold the right to earn up to an undivided 75% interest in an approximately 25,000 ha project area, including the Kutuvuoma and Ahvenjarvi gold exploration projects, in Northern Finland.
Under the terms of the agreement B2Gold must complete $5 million in exploration expenditures, pay Aurion $50,000 cash and issue 550,000 B2Gold shares over 4 years to earn a 51% interest. B2Gold can earn an additional 19% interest by spending a further $10 million over 2 years. B2Gold can earn an additional 5% interest for a total of 75% interest by completing a bankable feasibility study.
The first year commitment of $750,000 in exploration expenditures and payment of $50,000 cash and 50,000 B2Gold shares is guaranteed. B2Gold made the $50,000 cash payment and issued 50,000 shares on signing the binding letter agreement August 12th, 2015. Aurion will be the operator in year one. A finder’s fee is payable with respect to the transaction.
“This is a great deal for Aurion and its shareholders”, commented, Mike Basha. “Despite the negative market sentiment toward mining equities, we have been successful in attracting one of the highest quality partners in B2Gold. This partnership is a solid endorsement of Aurion’s Finnish exploration initiative. The transaction will minimize future shareholder dilution while providing access to some of the brightest people in the business. We look forward to working closely with B2Gold to advance this exciting project”.
Aurion recently completed a fall field program, focused primarily on its high grade Kutuvuoma and Ahvenjarvi gold projects. The program was fully-funded by B2Gold and comprised of mechanical trenching, mapping, prospecting, surface geochemical sampling and metallurgical testing. The results are being compiled and will be released shortly.
- Tara Mines bids to extract last of Bula resource and end long-running saga
- Newmont is expanding its business to Europe
- Adriatic Metals’ Veovaca project in Bosnia received exploitation permit
- Central Asia Metals to buy Lynx Resources for $402.5m, including Macedonia lead zinc mine Sasa
- Mining and indigenous communities across the world
- Political influence on Kyrgyz gold mining
- Mining concessions, fees and challenges for investors in Serbia
- Koc Holding to acquire majority in 12 Irish gold mines
- Romania bail out from Ukraine Krivoy Rog Mining Oxidized Ore project investment
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?