UK Mineco's Bosnia Sase lead zinc mine exceed production plans
The Lead and Zinc Mine Sase near Srebrenica operates successfully this year as well. It exceeded the production plan, which is evidenced by the data that in seven months this mine has excavated 194,630 tonnes of ore i.e. 3.8 percent more than planned.
The mine operates within the Gros company from Bosanska Gradiska, employs 532 workers and regularly fulfills all its obligations. The concession fee during this period was paid in the amount of BAM 727,100 and BAM 1,633,866 was invested in procurement of equipment.
In this period, the mine paid more than BAM 20,000 fees for water and fire protection, around BAM 23,000 for woods and more than 20,000 BAM to support the associations, organizations, and municipalities of Srebrenica and Bratunac.
President of the Board of Directors of the company, Jelena Petric, stated that average wage of employees in July amounted to BAM 937.
She said that this year’s net pay for employees amounted to BAM 3,880,245, for taxes and contributions BAM 2,463,787, for pension and disability insurance and reduced service years for retirement for miners amounted to BAM 326,251and BAM 15,297 for special solidarity contribution.
This year, special contribution for professional rehabilitation and employment of persons with disabilities was paid in the amount of BAM 6,480 and for severance payments to employees BAM 11,000.
The mine continued financing the re-qualification of 48 workers in total this year as well. Since 2007, when the British company Mineco took over the Mine Sase, 96 workers retired and received severance pay in the total amount of BAM 183,752.
- Medgold Resources has signed a binding option agreement to sell a 100% interest in the Tlamino gold project in southern Serbia to MetalsTech
- Velocity exercises option to acquire 70% stake in Makedontsi gold project in Bulgaria
- GeoProMining Gold LLC intends to operate Armenia’s Sotk gold mine until 2025
- Last year, a small-scale “battle” took place in a picturesque stretch of mountains in Armenia’s Vayots Dzor region
- The gold mine has been through four stages of development since it was founded and a fifth development phase is currently underway
- Rio Tinto is ecological catastrophe for Serbian citizens
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Adriatic confirmed it has signed a term sheet with Orion Resource Partners for a US$ 142.5 million debt
- Prairie and China Coal advancing Poland Jan Karski coal mine together
- Eldorado Gold Greece mining operations in Panama papers
- Serbia: deposits of gold and copper
- Serbia lead-zinc, copper, gold perspective deposits managed by foreign companies
- Adriatic finds high-grade precious metals at Rupice Bosnia mine
- Adriatic Metals achieves key milestone at Vares Bosnia