BMM begins a surface sampling program at the Dobrinja Lithium-Borate Project in Serbia
- Balkan Mining and Minerals (BMM) begins a surface sampling program at the Dobrinja Lithium-Borate Project in Serbia
- Once sampling at Dobrinja has been completed, the geological team will move to the Pranjani Project
- Results from the surface sampling will be assessed with mapping information to prioritise drill targets for future programs
- Balkan is down 4.38 per cent on the market with shares trading at 76.5 cents at 2:17 pm AEST
Balkan Mining and Minerals (BMM) has begun a surface sampling program at the Dobrinja Lithium-Borate Project in Serbia.
The 37.58 square kilometre Dobrinja Project lies in Western Serbia along trend from where lithium-borate mineral resources and ore reserves have been defined.
Once sampling at Dobrinja has been completed, the geological team will move to the Pranjani Project.
The Pranjani Project lies 10 kilometres to the northeast of Dobrinja in a basin that is believed to be connected to the latter.
Historical data shows elevated lithium and boron levels with lithium values ranging between 145 to 478 parts per million (ppm), and boron values ranging between 41 to 585 ppm.
Results from the surface sampling will be assessed with mapping information to prioritise drill targets for future programs.
Additionally, once the sampling wraps up, Balkan will undertake a gravity survey with aims of defining basin geometry.
Managing Director Ross Cotton commented on the sampling program.
“Dobrinja is particularly interesting as it shows a lot of outcropping, which is a good indicator for lithium and borates”,the Mr Cotton said.
“We are pleased that we have continued to deliver on our objectives and not have wasted any time on beginning our programs and advancing our projects”.
Balkan was down 4.38 per cent on the market with shares trading at 76.5 cents at 2:17 pm AEST.
- Serbia Lece gold mine in the hands of a phantom company from Dubai
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Glencore starts drilling again at Pallas Green
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia
- Sweden: Talga has started trial mining at its Vittangi graphite project
- Dundee reports record gold production in second quarter in Bulgaria
- Miedzi Copper Corporation discovers deposits of silver and copper in Poland
- Armenia’s environmental crimes committed in Azerbaijani lands are said to cause $285 billion in damages
- Dundee issues Bulgaria Chelopech gold mine technical-mineral resource update report
- Gold mines and projects in Greece – One of the main factors behind the stock price decline for Eldorado Gold