Bluejay Mining Makes Permit Progress On Greenland Ilmenite Mine
Bluejay Mining PLC said on Tuesday it had made progress in the permits associated with its key Dundas ilmenite project in Greenland.
The Greenland and Finland-focused natural resources company said it had successfully finalised the terms of reference for both the Environmental Impact Assessment and Social Impact Assessment, which it now expects to complete in the first quarter of 2018.
Bluejay had also submitted a white paper encompassing the stakeholder consultation response period and has already received a “high degree” of support from “all stakeholders”.
The Greenland government and relevant licensing authorities had, the company said, accepted and approved all documents.
“Continued progression through the permitting system marks another key achievement for our Dundas Ilmenite Project as we continue to execute on our defined development strategy to build a robust and long life mineral project”, Bluejay Chief Executive Officer Roderick McIllree said.
“With strong stakeholder and government support received to date,” McIllree added, “we can now advance into the final stages of project permitting, which together with ongoing feasibility studies, will culminate in an application for exploitation early next year.”
Dundas, formerly known as the Pituffik titanium project, has an initial inferred JORC resource of 23.6 million tonnes at 8.8% ilmenite with “significant further upside”. Included in this is a high-grade zone of 7.9 million tonnes at 14.2% ilmenite.
In October, Bluejay appointed a number of partners to assist in resources estimates and process plant engineering, as well as to design and undertake a dredging study amongst other things.
Shares in Bluejay were 4.4% higher at 24.80 pence on Tuesday.
- Bulgarian gold in offshore paradise linked to European public lender
- European Metals raises £2.28m for lithium Cinovec deposit in the Czech Republic
- In Poland’s coal heartland, miners defend their jobs but imagine a greener future
- Atalaya Mining approves expansion plan at Proyecto Riotinto, Spain
- Velocity Announces Additional Positive Drill Results at Rozino Gold Project, Southeast Bulgaria
- Tirex Resources mining license for high grade Rehova Albania copper project approved
- Beowulf Mining environment mitigation process with Sweden authorities
- Rio Tinto powers up Serbian Jadar lithium mine for car battery boom
- Ravello Investment Group takes over Turkey gold Pertek project
- Polymetal takes over Armenia Kapan gold mine from Dundee
- BSG Resources Panama papers on Oil refinery and Rosia Montana gold mine in Romania
- Avala Resources gold mining project Serbia, Environment Social Impacts
- Canada’s Euro Sun Mining gets $8.6 million financing for Romanian ops
- First Quantum Minerals copper-zinc Pyhasalmi mine in Finland
- Serbia sets up body to give boost to Rio Tinto’s Jadar project