AzerGold can become biggest mining company in region
In 2020, AzerGold CJSC, despite the difficulties aroused by the coronavirus pandemic, completely fulfilled the activity plan for 2020. Thanks to the export of gold and silver produced by AzerGold to the global market, the country’s economy received funds worth 186.5 million manat ($109,7 million).
One of the significant steps in the activities of Azerbaijan’s AzerGold OJSC in 2020 was the approval by the company of the corporate strategy for 2025 (medium-term) and 2035 (long-term) in order to ensure sustainable development of the non-ferrous metal ore mining sector, Chairman of the Board of AzerGold CJSC, Zakir Ibrahimov said, Trend reports. Ibrahimov made the remark at an event dedicated to the results of 2020 and the upcoming tasks. In order to ensure sustainable development of the non-ferrous metal ore mining sector in the country, by order of the Azerbaijani Ministry of Economy dated September 14, 2020, a document of the corporate strategy of the AzerGold CJSC was approved, the chairman noted. One of the main goals of the company within the implementation of projects defined by the strategy is the transformation of the AzerGold CJSC into a large mining company of a regional scale with an annual turnover of $1 billion until 2035, he said. Ibrahimov noted that an important task of AzerGold until 2035 is positioning itself among the largest companies in the region in the mining industry as one of the companies in the non-oil industry.
- Raiden Resources update on progress of its Serbian project
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Deficit of trust in Rio Tinto’s social and environment program
- Expansion of Chinese Zidjin in Serbia
- Rosia Montana inclusion on UNESCO list resumed by Romanian government
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- UK Beowulf mining takes over graphite and eyes nickel exploration assets in Sweden
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia
- Dalradian Gold plans gold mine in Northen Ireland, community splits between pros and cons
- St-Georges Eco-Mining acquired Melmi EHF and all mineral licenses in Iceland