Ariana says Turkey gold mine operational
Gold exploration company Ariana Resources on Wednesday reported that its Turkey-based Kiziltepe mine is largely operational, following the successful completion of major construction in December.
The commissioning of the ball mill is complete and wet commissioning of the process plant is largely complete, with thickener tests to be completed this week, MD Dr Kerim Sener said in a statement.
“Around 7 000 t of ore ranging in grade from 2.7 g/t to 0.5 g/t gold and representing two weeks of production is stockpiled ready for the first full-scale tests and start-up.”
He noted that the dam wall was complete and that installation of geomembrane for the Stage 1 tailings storage facility was largely complete, although there were currently some delays owing to unprecedented weather conditions.
“The conditions being encountered at site have ranged from very wet weather in late December to sub-zero temperatures and heavy snowfall in early January, which have negated the laying of the final geomembrane for TSF, which comprises only another two weeks of work,” he noted.
He added that the company was also advancing work programmes on its other projects to enhance its future production profile once Kiziltepe enters production.
The milestone achievements in the development of the Kiziltepe mine towards gold and silver production place it on course to meet its targeted production of 21 000 oz gold equivalent per annum.
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Kyrgyzstan Kumtor gold output accounted for 9.7% of country’s GDP in 2017
- Romania, Rovina gold mining project in Romania close to getting final permits
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- Anglo Asian Mining PLC said the government of Azerbaijan granted it access to the Zangilan district