Ariana Resources identifies new targets at Tavsan gold project, Turkey
Exploration and development company Ariana Resources has identified extensive new geochemical target areas across Tavsan gold project in Turkey.
The findings comprise six target areas containing drill intercepts of 6m at 3.37g/t Au + 3.67g/t Ag, and 9m at 1.30g/t Au + 4.32g/t Ag within c.20m from surface.
A new discovery referred to as the South Zone has also been made.
Ariana Resources managing director Dr Kerim Sener said: “The Tavsan gold project has continued to demonstrate substantial opportunity for further resource growth.
“This new soil geochemical survey has identified a number of areas that require drill testing for the first time or which specifically require resource drilling.
“Some of these areas are known to contain mineralised jasperoid and are dotted with old antimony workings.”
The newly discovered areas are expected to host high-grade gold and silver mineralisation.
Ariana indicated that recent work has demonstrated the potential to better characterise the current resource.
Work is expected to result in the reduction in drilling required to convert inferred resources to indicated resources, which in turn enables the company to accelerate its internal feasibility study on Tavsan during this year.
A portable X-ray fluorescence soil sampling programme was completed to better define and characterise targets for the second phase of resource development.
In addition, the company stated that it has been working on better characterising the current resource based on a thorough geostatistical assessment.
The corresponding work has determined that lateral continuity exists across the orebody and that the current resource can be upgraded to the indicated category with minimal additional confirmatory drilling.
Ariana owns 50% interest in the Tavsan gold project, which is part of the Red Rabbit joint venture with Proccea Construction.
- Eldorado and Minvest Deva Certej mine proposal rejected in Romania
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Armenia’s environmental crimes committed in Azerbaijani lands are said to cause $285 billion in damages
- Kazakhstan to produce 21,600 mt of uranium in 2018
- Thyssenkrupp exclusive distributor of graphite production from Elcora Adv Materials
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Aspire Mining’s future production plans
- Miedzi Copper Corporation discovers deposits of silver and copper in Poland
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Mineral Commodities announced results from Trælen Graphite Mine in Norway