Ariana Resources identifies new targets at Tavsan gold project, Turkey
Exploration and development company Ariana Resources has identified extensive new geochemical target areas across Tavsan gold project in Turkey.
The findings comprise six target areas containing drill intercepts of 6m at 3.37g/t Au + 3.67g/t Ag, and 9m at 1.30g/t Au + 4.32g/t Ag within c.20m from surface.
A new discovery referred to as the South Zone has also been made.
Ariana Resources managing director Dr Kerim Sener said: “The Tavsan gold project has continued to demonstrate substantial opportunity for further resource growth.
“This new soil geochemical survey has identified a number of areas that require drill testing for the first time or which specifically require resource drilling.
“Some of these areas are known to contain mineralised jasperoid and are dotted with old antimony workings.”
The newly discovered areas are expected to host high-grade gold and silver mineralisation.
Ariana indicated that recent work has demonstrated the potential to better characterise the current resource.
Work is expected to result in the reduction in drilling required to convert inferred resources to indicated resources, which in turn enables the company to accelerate its internal feasibility study on Tavsan during this year.
A portable X-ray fluorescence soil sampling programme was completed to better define and characterise targets for the second phase of resource development.
In addition, the company stated that it has been working on better characterising the current resource based on a thorough geostatistical assessment.
The corresponding work has determined that lateral continuity exists across the orebody and that the current resource can be upgraded to the indicated category with minimal additional confirmatory drilling.
Ariana owns 50% interest in the Tavsan gold project, which is part of the Red Rabbit joint venture with Proccea Construction.
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia
- Kyrgyzstan Kumtor gold output accounted for 9.7% of country’s GDP in 2017
- Romania, Rovina gold mining project in Romania close to getting final permits
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Exploration update at Leinster project
- Montenegro ore processing and export