Ariana Resources gold Kiziltepe Turkey mine processing facility construction progress
Ariana Resources mining developer listed in London metals stock exchange reported on the progress of the development of its Turkey gold mine Kiziltepe.
Ariana managing director Kerim Sener said its local partner Proccea is making “rapid progress” with the construction of the pair’s Kiziltepe Mine in Turkey – and it remains on course for first gold pour in the second half of the year.
Work on important parts of the processing facility such as the ADR and carbon in leach circuits and the steel structure around the ball mill housing is about to begin.
Fully completed are the site administration, accommodation depot and lab buildings.
In the open pit, earth moving has started. The haul road to the plant has been finished and the drainage system finalised.
So far there have been no order delays. So, equipment such as jaw and cone crushers, screens, automation and drives are already on-site.
Separately, Ariana said it has been granted a renewable mining permit out to 2021 that covers the tailings storage facility. Work on the tailings site will start in a month.
Once up and running Kiziltepe, which is part of the wider Red Rabbit Project area in western Turkey, will churn out 20,000 ounces of gold a year at around US$600 an ounce.
Recent work on potential satellite deposits has the potential to extend the mine life, which currently stands at eight years.
MD Sener said: “The joint venture team is operating on schedule and will be commencing the installation of various process plant components during the second half of February.
“We are also encouraged to have received our new blasting permit and to see the commencement of work on the open-pit, which marks the beginning of mining operations.
“With recent exploration drilling results having highlighted the potential for resource expansion at Kiziltepe, the progress being sustained by both the construction and exploration teams must be commended.”
- Terra Balcanica extends its polymetallic footprint with positive drill exploration in its flagship project in Bosnia
- St Charles Resources said it reached a final agreement to acquire Bulgaria-based private mining business Eastern Resources
- Europe, Can mining ever be green?
- Russia, Eligdar reports record gold production in 2022
- The exploitation of Portugal’s mineral resources
- Lydian, Amulsar Gold and a viable mining industry in Armenia
- GeoProMining Gold indirectly confirms its involvement in corrupt deal with Armenian government
- Jadar Lithium in Serbia gets four exploration licenses
- Conroy Gold and Anglo Asian Mining to open modern gold mine in Ireland by 2030
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Polymetal takes over Armenia Kapan gold mine from Dundee
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Talas Gold Mining Complex in Kyrgyzstan launched
- Greenland, Amaroq Minerals says Kobberminebugt’s high-grade nature is ‘unsurprising’
- Romania bail out from Ukraine Krivoy Rog Mining Oxidized Ore project investment