ArcelorMittal Bosnia produced 1.75 million tons of ore in 2016, the same amount of ore is planned for 2017
The company ArcelorMittal Prijedor announced today that in 2016 it had achieved production plan in the amount of 1,750,000 tons of ore and next year it is planning to produce the same amount.
In addition to production and sales planned realized investments this year included the construction of a new landfill for sludge disposal, the construction of a bridge over the regional road Stari Majdan two-Lamovita, implementation of program for improving the production process and the exploration of new mineral deposits.
Having in mind that we are still facing the reduced demand for ore and difficulties in the steel market, which are still present, our operation in 2017 will be organized at this year’s level. During January, most workers will be put on hold for a period of one month with 55 percent of salaries – says the official statement. Emergency service will be needed in January, as well as maintenance service, which must do necessary repairs and preparation of machinery for the beginning of operation on 1st of February 2017.
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- Dundee reports record gold production in second quarter in Bulgaria
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Macedonia Valandovo local community mobilizes against copper mine exploitation
- UK Mineco lead zinc Mine Gros marks 2018 record production and announces 2019 investment
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co