Anglo Asian Mining production volume grew in Azerbaijan last year
In the fourth quarter of 2019, the total production volume of the Anglo Asian Mining PLC gold mining company operating in Azerbaijan increased by 1.7 percent to 82,800 ounces in gold equivalent (81,400 ounces in 2018), Trend reports with reference to the company.
Gold production amounted to 70,100 ounces, which is a decrease of 3.7 percent compared to 2018. At the same time, copper production amounted to 2.2 tons, increasing by 34.4 percent compared to 2018, silver production stood at 159,400 ounces, decreasing by 24.2 percent year on year, the report said.
Gold bullion sales in 2019 amounted to 54,100 ounces at an average at $1,410 per ounce (for comparison: in 2018, gold bullion sales amounted to 59,500 ounces at an average of $1,265 per ounce).
The volume of copper concentrate shipments to the customer in 2019 amounted to 10,300 dry metric tons with a sales value of $17.9 million, excluding the profit share of the Azerbaijani government (for comparison: 7,675 dry metric tons were sold in 2018 with a sales value of $15.4 million).
Anglo Asian Mining plc is a gold, copper and silver producer in Central Asia with a broad portfolio of production and exploration assets in Azerbaijan.
The company has a 1,962 square kilometer portfolio, assembled from analysis of historic Soviet geological data and held under a Production Sharing Agreement modelled on the Azerbaijani oil industry.
The company’s main operating location is the Gedabek contract area (“Gedabek”), which is a 300-square kilometer area in the Lesser Caucasus mountains in western Azerbaijan.
- Serbia will not allow the exploitation of lithium just to export it to other countries
- Construction at Adriatic Metals’ Vares high-grade silver project in Bosnia and Herzegovina is picking up speed
- North Macedonia, Central Asia Metals increases copper production
- Kazakhstan, KAZ Minerals increases copper production 26% in first nine 2022
- Modern mining companies are now going to more zero emissions and green eco-responsible extraction technologies
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Serbia: deposits of gold and copper
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Talas Gold Mining Complex in Kyrgyzstan launched
- New Bulgaria plant for casting of iron and steel
- Serbia has the world’s largest lithium reserves
- War over lithium behind the mountains in Portugal
- Walkabout Resources identifies ‘numerous’ drilling targets in Ireland
- Czech authorities approves Cinovec lithium DFS level drilling programme
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia