Anglo Asian Mining changes forecast on precious metals production in Azerbaijan
Extraction of the first gold in Azerbaijan started in 2009, and silver in 2010. Now the British company Anglo Asian Mining, the operator on the development of gold deposits in Azerbaijan, has reduced its forecast for 2020 on the production of precious metals to 68,000-72,000 ounces of gold equivalent, the company has reported.
It was noted that this reduction is mainly due to some delays in underground development, resulting from the conscription of some engineering staff, together with a slowdown in tunnelling progress due to underground rock faulting. Moreover, the company confirmed that it is still on track to achieve a turnover in 2020 of over $100 million.
Earlier it was reported that Anglo-Asian Mining company, which is engaged in gold, silver and copper mining in Azerbaijan, reevaluated the mineral resources and ore reserves of Gadabay and Gadir deposits. Thus, the volume of revised total mineral resources of Gadabay deposit is 735,000 ounces of gold and 69,100 tons of copper. Ore resources of this mine are 284,000 ounces of gold and 26,000 tons of copper. In the meantime, the volume of confirmed mineral resources of Gadir deposit is 267,000 ounces of gold and 2,183 tons of copper. Ore reserves of this deposit are 49,000 ounces of gold and 191,000 tons of copper.
Moreover, revenues of the company from the gold mining operations in Azerbaijan increased by 5.8 percent, during the first half of 2020, amounting to $45.8 million. It should be noted that for the last nine months of the year, gold has firmly established its position among the top three main export products of the non-oil sector of the country Gold mining in Azerbaijan is currently carried out by two companies – AzerGold CJSC, which owns 51 percent in Azerbaijan’s gold share, and Anglo Asian Mining PLC, with 49 percent of shares. PSA type contract was signed on August 21, 1997 and envisages development of six fields.
- Terra Balcanica extends its polymetallic footprint with positive drill exploration in its flagship project in Bosnia
- St Charles Resources said it reached a final agreement to acquire Bulgaria-based private mining business Eastern Resources
- Europe, Can mining ever be green?
- Russia, Eligdar reports record gold production in 2022
- The exploitation of Portugal’s mineral resources
- Lydian, Amulsar Gold and a viable mining industry in Armenia
- GeoProMining Gold indirectly confirms its involvement in corrupt deal with Armenian government
- Jadar Lithium in Serbia gets four exploration licenses
- Conroy Gold and Anglo Asian Mining to open modern gold mine in Ireland by 2030
- Who are the main players in the ore exploration business in Serbia
- Lydian files BIT notice in relation to Armenian mining project that has been blocked
- Romania bail out from Ukraine Krivoy Rog Mining Oxidized Ore project investment
- Polish ZGH Boleslav accused of polluting Montenegro rivers from its lead zinc mine Suplja Stijena
- Lithium and rare earth elements discovered in Mongolia Khuut mine
- Polymetal takes over Armenia Kapan gold mine from Dundee