Amulsar project is presented at PDAC convention in Toronto
On March 5-8 the largest annual convention of mining industry PDAC (Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada) took place in Toronto, where Lydian International presented Amulsar and Armenia for the 9th consecutive year.
For the first time Armenian Government was also represented at PDAC by the Deputy Minister of Energy, Infrastructure and Natural Resources Vardan Gevorgyan.
He made a presentation on the investment potential of mining industry of Armenia. At the same session Managing Director Hayk Aloyan presented Amulsar project.
Deputy Minister held several meetings with renowned international institutional investment companies that have invested in Amulsar project and in Armenia.
Reflecting on the last 9 years of Lydian’s presence at PDAC, Hayk Aloyan emphasized the importance of Armenia’s recognition among the investors.
“When we first brought Amulsar project to PDAC in 2008, many investors had never heard of Armenia. At PDAC it becomes obvious that attracting responsible international players into the country’s mining sector is a difficult task,” Hayk Aloyan said.
“At PDAC it also becomes obvious that today’s mining industry is well-advanced in offering sustainable, modern solutions to the issue of environmental, social, health and safety management in mining. PDAC is a place where mining industry, financiers, governments and NGOs constructively discuss how mining can benefit all stakeholders and that is what happens in many developed mining destinations. We in Lydian believe that it is also possible in Armenia,” concluded Managing Director of Lydian Armenia.
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Kyrgyzstan Kumtor gold output accounted for 9.7% of country’s GDP in 2017
- Romania, Rovina gold mining project in Romania close to getting final permits
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- Anglo Asian Mining PLC said the government of Azerbaijan granted it access to the Zangilan district