Polymetal joint venture gold deposits project in Russia
Polymetal International proceeds the agreement with Russian OJCS Polyus Gold for the development of gold deposits in Yakytia republic of Russian federation.
Polymetal International has entered into the first stage of a joint venture with OJCS Polyus Gold to advance the development of the Nezhdaninskoye gold deposit in Yakutia, Russia.
The company, which produces precious metals in Russia and Kazakhstan, had announced the JV back in December.
As part of the first stage, Polymetal has obtained a 15.3% interest in the JV entity holding 100% of JSC South-Verkhoyansk Mining Company, which is the owner of the mining and exploration license for the property and certain infrastructure adjacent to the deposit.
Nezhdaninskoye is the fourth largest gold deposit in Russia, located in the north-east of Yakutia, about 480 km east from the city of Yakutsk.
The deposit is composed of large scale mineralised zones, representing zones of intense brecciation comprised of crushed and sheared, hydrothermally altered, sedimentary rocks that have been variably enriched in quartz.
- UK Mineco Group marks successful 2018 mining and business results
- European Metals secures offer from Krupa to acquire Cinovec project
- Activists are campaigning against uranium mining in Spain
- BlueJay Mining PLC upgrades resource for its Greenland Dundas project as it presses ahead with PFS
- Greek Court Acquits 21 Environmental Defenders in Eldorado Gold Trial
- Euromax gold Ilovica Mine in Macedonia is spreading fear of heavy metals reveals local environment group
- Refractory ore trouble Russian gold miners
- Lithium and rare earth elements discovered in Mongolia Khuut mine
- Albania chromium mines face closure
- Bosnia coal mines to increase production in 2016
- Flinders Resources Sweden graphite Woxna project to be developed with Chinese partners
- Orion mine finance, the owner of Macedonia Sasa lead zinc optimistic in commodities market
- Greenland Resources Announces Updated Concept Study Results for Its Malmbjerg Molybdenum Project
- Bank of China to participate in EBRD syndicated loan for Shalkiya mine expansion project
- Russia’s Polyus big step closer to building world’s largest new gold mine