MNT 20 billion invested in Mongolia's mining industry in 2016
More than 20 mining deposits were put into operation, 800 jobs were created and MNT 20 billion were invested in Mongolian mining sector in 2016, reports Go Go Mongolia citing the Ministry of Mining and Heavy Industry.
According to the state budget performance in 2016, 19 tons of gold, 33 million tons of coal, 7.5 million tons of iron ore, 1.1 million tons of oil and 200 thousand tons of fluorite are expected to be exported.
The Ministry of Mining and Heavy Industry added that 1.4 million tons of copper concentrate, 4700 tons of molybdenum concentrate and 100 thousand tons of zinc concentrate will be produced and exported.
Ultimately, mining sector accounts for 85 percent of Mongolian exports, 63 percent of industrial products, 18 percent of GDP and one-fourth of national revenue.
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia
- Kyrgyzstan Kumtor gold output accounted for 9.7% of country’s GDP in 2017
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co
- Anglo Asian Mining PLC said the government of Azerbaijan granted it access to the Zangilan district
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Romania, Rovina gold mining project in Romania close to getting final permits
- Exploration update at Leinster project