Gold output in Tajikistan to be increased by 6pct per year
Tajikistan plans to annually increase gold production by 6 percent. The authorities intend to put new capacities into operation in order to achieve this result.
“An annual increase in gold production at 6 percent due to the commissioning of new industrial capacities and enterprises is envisaged for the period until 2030,” said the Strategy for the Development of Industry.
The draft document was approved by the government at the end of March and adopted by the lower house of parliament last week, Central Asian media outlets reported.
The authors of the strategy believe that a group of placer deposits of Hunukob, Sarigor, Kofirbac, Pendzhikent, Matcha, Yagnob, Vozgina, Obiravnov, Dulobi Sangi are of great importance for further development of gold mining.
The new strategy involves taking a number of measures that will promote the growth of gold mining and production. In particular, it is planned to simplify the issuance of licenses for small deposits, the creation of artel miners (production cooperatives) by legal entities, an increase in the number of points of purchase and sale and so on.
Also, the document discusses a question of adjustment of extraction of a precious metal with prospecting and free-carrier methods.
The proposal of the Finance Ministry on the free-carrier extraction of gold has been under consideration by the government for the second year already. It is expected that after the adoption of the relevant document, every citizen of the country on a legal basis will be able to independently search for and extract gold. It will only be necessary to obtain permission from the Ministry of Finance.
Permission will be granted for the extraction of gold in certain territories, which should not belong to individuals or legal entities, and also there should be a high probability of finding a metal. For example, this is the valley of the rivers Zarafshon, Pyanj, Yazgulom, Vanj, Bartang and others.
The extracted gold can be freely sold to state financial structures. The price at which metal will be purchased from the population is determined by the Finance Ministry.
Tajikistan’s gold assets contain 137 deposits of industrial gold and 127 deposits of non-industrial gold. Tajikistan has registered a new record in gold production in 2017 as the country extracted 5.5 tons.
The main gold-bearing deposits with balance reserves are located in the central part of the republic.
The Central Asian nation has 10 gold producers, the biggest ones being Zarafshon (70 percent of all gold extracted in the country), Aprelevka, Tilloi Tochik, Odina Group and Pakrut.
- Serbia Lece gold mine in the hands of a phantom company from Dubai
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Glencore starts drilling again at Pallas Green
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia
- EBRD supports inclusive mining in Kazakhstan with ShalkiyaZinc expansion
- Ireland Conroy Gold increases drilling in Monaghan following ‘positive’ results
- Raiden Resources update on progress of its Serbian project
- IFIs EIB-EBRD-IFC-KfW financing HPPs in South East Europe against environment impact rules
- Greenland Strips Chinese Mining Firm of License for Iron Ore Deposit
- Dundee reports record gold production in second quarter in Bulgaria