Eurasia Mining Progressing Development Of Russia’s Monchetundra
Eurasia Mining PLC said good progress is being made at the Monchetundra mine, including the recent award of a construction contract.
Chinese firm Sinosteel has been awarded the engineering, procurement, and construction deal, with Eurasia currently working to get the project into production after the granting of a mining licence.
Sinosteel is to provide project financing to Eurasia, in the form of a USD149.5 million 10-year loan facility at six-month LIBOR plus 3.5%.
Monchetundra, which contains two million ounces of platinum and palladium, is located some 130 kilometres from Murmansk, not far from Russia’s border with Finland.
“Our team and our contractors at Central Kola Expedition continue to progress our plans for the development of this palladium dominated open pit mine. It is our intention to significantly increase activity on site over the next six to 12 months to accomplish activities stipulated by the EPC with Sinosteel as TGK’s responsibilities to initiate the payments from Sinosteel to TGK,” said Chair Christian Schaffalitzky.
“We look forward to launching this mine walking in the steps and learning from our experience from the successful mine launch at West Kytlim.”
Shares were 2.4% lower on Tuesday at a price of 0.45 pence each.
Source: morningstar. co. uk
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Romania, Rovina gold mining project in Romania close to getting final permits
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia
- Macedonia Valandovo local community mobilizes against copper mine exploitation
- Dundee reports record gold production in second quarter in Bulgaria