Eurasia Mining Progressing Development Of Russia’s Monchetundra
Eurasia Mining PLC said good progress is being made at the Monchetundra mine, including the recent award of a construction contract.
Chinese firm Sinosteel has been awarded the engineering, procurement, and construction deal, with Eurasia currently working to get the project into production after the granting of a mining licence.
Sinosteel is to provide project financing to Eurasia, in the form of a USD149.5 million 10-year loan facility at six-month LIBOR plus 3.5%.
Monchetundra, which contains two million ounces of platinum and palladium, is located some 130 kilometres from Murmansk, not far from Russia’s border with Finland.
“Our team and our contractors at Central Kola Expedition continue to progress our plans for the development of this palladium dominated open pit mine. It is our intention to significantly increase activity on site over the next six to 12 months to accomplish activities stipulated by the EPC with Sinosteel as TGK’s responsibilities to initiate the payments from Sinosteel to TGK,” said Chair Christian Schaffalitzky.
“We look forward to launching this mine walking in the steps and learning from our experience from the successful mine launch at West Kytlim.”
Shares were 2.4% lower on Tuesday at a price of 0.45 pence each.
Source: morningstar. co. uk
- Savannah Resources “white gold” rush in Portugal – lithium mining and environmental issues
- Medgold exploration and the value of ore wealth in Serbia
- Lydian Armenia – Amulsar mine blockade
- Centerra Gold – first gold pour at Oksut Mine in Turkey
- Nornickel Arctic project – Russia considering $1 billion loan
- Romania Baia Mare Cyanide Spill by Esmeralda Exploration Australia
- Serbia Lece gold mine in the hands of a phantom company from Dubai
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Tajikistan's Talco forms $200m mining JV with Chinese firm
- Ascendant Resources intersects copper at Portugal Lagoa Salgada Project
- Russia environment regulator extends licenses for nickel producer KMMC
- Israeli Investment Group offers 30.7 mln euro for majority stake in Bosnian miner RZR Ljubija
- Tara Mines bids to extract last of Bula resource and end long-running saga
- Russian Copper Co RCC is planning to expand its mineral resources base in Kazakhstan
- Rio Tinto drafting documentation for lithium borate mining project in Serbia