Eldorado Greece Skouries gold mine project clears bureaucratic hurdle
The new environment minister, following last week’s reshuffle, on Thursday opened the way for a resumption of work aimed to commence gold mining at the Skouries complex in northern Greece. Giorgos Stathakis, who previously held the economy portfolio, signed a revision of a technical study addendum submitted by Hellas Gold, the Greek subsidiary of El Dorado Gold, the Canadian multinational that holds the concession for the Skouries site and the nearby Cassandra mine. The development concludes the licensing procedure as far as the specific ministry is concerned, with an updating of a building license only pending. The commencement of operation of an enrichment facility is now only months away. The decision by the new minister essentially overturns the more hostile attitude by the former minister, Panos Skourletis, to the mining project at Skouries, one of the biggest foreign direct investments in the country.
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Reservoir Minerals copper exploration project halted by Macedonia Gevgelija local authorities
- Mine waste failures and tailing spills in Serbia
- Ariana Resources at Kiziltepe gold mine in Turkey still mining strongly with record level of ore production
- Uzbekistan completes copper mine expansion project
- Dundee reports record gold production in second quarter in Bulgaria
- $700 million invested by Vallex Group in Armenia’s mining industry over past two decades
- Macedonia Valandovo local community mobilizes against copper mine exploitation
- UK Mineco lead zinc Mine Gros marks 2018 record production and announces 2019 investment
- Turkey gold exploration project promotes AU Mariana Resources junior mining Co