Dundee Precious Metals enters investment agreement with Velocity Minerals Bulgaria
Velocity Minerals Ltd. is a gold exploration and development company focused on southeastern Bulgaria. Velocity has a 70% interest in the Tintyava prospecting licence, which includes the Rozino gold project, located approximately 40 kilometres by road from DPM’s Ada Tepe mine.
Dundee Precious Metals Inc. announced that it has entered into an investment agreement with Velocity to invest up to C$7 million in Velocity on a private placement basis. DPM is expected to purchase up to 14 million common shares of Velocity at a price of C$0.50 per share. Upon closing the transaction, DPM is expected to own approximately 9.99% of Velocity’s issued and outstanding common shares on a non-diluted basis.
Velocity’s 70% interest in Rozino is held through a joint venture arrangement with a local third party. On October 15, 2020, Velocity filed a pre-feasibility technical report on Rozino which contained a probable mineral reserve estimate at a 0.5 g/t gold cut-off grade of 11.8 Mt at 1.22 g/t gold for 465,000 ounces.1 Velocity also has option agreements to earn a 70% interest in the Obichnik and Makedontsi gold projects; and an option agreement to earn a 100% interest in the Iglika project.
“We are pleased to be investing in further gold exploration in southeastern Bulgaria through our equity financing in Velocity,” said David Rae, President and CEO of Dundee Precious Metals. “Given our strong presence and capabilities in the region, we believe that we are uniquely positioned to support Velocity as a strategic shareholder.”
The Agreement contains certain rights and restrictions customary for these types of transactions. Subject to approval of the TSX Venture Exchange and other closing conditions, the transaction is expected to close on or about November 24, 2020. All securities issued in connection with the transaction will be subject to a hold period of four months and one day in Canada.
- Zijin mine workers protest in Bor, Serbia
- What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Macedonia?
- Protests against Rio Tinto’s future lithium mine in Serbia
- Erin Ventures suspends Piskanja boron project in Serbia due to state of emergency
- Glencore corporation reports decrease in annual profit, issues with Kazakhstan and Congo authorities
- St-Georges Eco-Mining acquired Melmi EHF and all mineral licenses in Iceland
- How valuable is Kosovo’s mineral wealth?
- Central Asia Metals’ Sasa mine in North Macedonia will pay the fine for leakage
- Gold and silver mining increased in Azerbaijan in Q1 2020
- Erin Ventures in DD with strategic partner for its Serbia boron project